Handheld tools for cutting and cleaving glass, silicon, and hard materials. The carbide cutting wheels create a clean scribe line with minimizing of particles in comparison to pointed diamond scribe. Allows substrate to split cleanly. 5” Plastic handle. Includes 3 carbide cutters, 8” and 6” Cleanbreak Pliers for cleaving small and large samples, thick and thin, 12”x9” (300mmx226mm) cleaving mat, and 8”/200mm with metric and inches L-square ruler (for use as a straight edge and to measure samples.
- General-purpose- TC-ND-STDH. Best general-purpose tungsten carbide cutter for glass, silicon, and other crystalline materials. Cuts thin glass 0.3-1.5 mm and hard glass 0.3-6mm.
- High penetrating, tungsten carbide cutting wheel, enables non-slip start and deeper scoring.
- TC-ND-Laser- Cut glass 0.1-2 mm and hard glass 0.3-2mm. Trademarked Laser cutter excels at cutting thin glass, hard glass, quartz glass, silicon, and III-V substrates.
- TC-ND-Laser-UT- Cuts Ultra-thin glass with “laser” wheel, 0.03-2 mm and hard glass 0.3-2mm. Trademarked Laser cutter excels at cutting thin glass, hard glass, quartz glass, silicon, and III-V substrates.
- Cleanbreak Pliers 6” with spare set jaws. CWBR-100 Plier handle is 6” and jaw opening is .75”/19mm
- Cleanbreak Pliers 8” with spare set jaws. CWBR-200 Plier handle is 8” and Jaw width 23 mm (.9″)
- Self-healing cutting mat. 12”x9” inches on one side and metric on the other.
- L shaped ruler – 8” with metric and inches
LatticeGear has sourced the best handheld tools in the world for cutting glass and crystalline substrates from very thin (0.03 mm) to 6 mm thick glass. These tools are designed for scribing glass and crystalline materials. Fewer particles are generated as the diamond scribe is generated by rolling the wheel embedded with tungsten carbide over the sample.
This kit comes complete with carbide cutting tools, cleaving pliers, cleaving mat, and ruler. Combined this kit enables the user to cleave a wide range of sample types from glass to GaAs.