The JetEtch CuPROTECT is the world’s most advanced decapsulation system.
Employing a proprietary electrolysis process,* its operation is similar to that of Nisene’s industry-leading JetEtch products. It retains the intuitive user interface, premier etching capabilities, and robust safety features customers have come to expect from Nisene Technology Group. In addition the JetEtch CuPROTECT incorporates a unique decapsulation process that specifically targets the removal of a wide variety of mold compounds while protecting and maintaining the integrity of sensitive copper wires.
Unlike less-sophisticated decapsulation systems that cannot etch integrated circuits with copper wires while maintaining their electrical integrity, the JetEtch Pro CuPROTECT can etch virtually any package, with any wire thickness, and yield results that facilitate a host of post-decapsulation failure analysis tests — from bond pull testing to electrical conductivity and resistance.
Proprietary Cu Decapsulation Process
- Specifically designed for processing integrated circuits with copper wires.
- Targets the removal of a wide variety of mold compounds while maintaining the integrity of sensitive copper wires.
- Results that Etches virtually any package with any wire thickness
- Produces facilitate a host of post-decapsulation failure analysis tests.
Innovative Features of JetEtch Pro
- Industry-leading safety features
- Faster etch processing times
- Flexible etch head designs
- Superior pump longevity
- The most effective software in the industry
Etching with the JetEtch Automatic Decapsulator
Simplified Decap with the JetEtch Pro
- JetEtch unique software and hardware enable a user to program a wide variety of etch parameters using any combination of ratios from 1:0 to 1:6, in both nitric-to-sulfuric and sulfuric-to-nitric concentrations. Temperature is regulated to prevent any mixed-acid etchant from exceeding 100ºC, to ensure that the nitric acid will not steam or boil.
- Front digital indicator to display real-time material removal (sample advancement), 1 µm resolution.
Faster Etch Processing Times
- Large inner-diameter tubing increases acid flow, for faster etches.
- New pump design offers a greater range of flow rates.
Flexible Etch Head Designs
- Fixed Etch Head — Made of silicon carbide, our unique Etch Head assembly ensures faster etch times, greater resistance to acids, and less maintenance.
- Removable Etch Head Configuration — We offer an optional, removable Etch Head configuration that enables the use of several different inserts, ensuring that even the most challenging packages can be opened.
Leading the Industry in Safety
- Unique Waste Diversion System. Waste acid is disposed into separate bottles via a unique diversion system that minimizes user interaction with acids.
- Robust Cover Arm Assembly — The automatic, pneumatically controlled cover assembly ensures that the process chamber remains hermetically sealed for the entire etch cycle. This is far superior to less sophisticated, manually operated lid covers, which can be opened at any time during the etch process, exposing the user to dangerous hot etchant.
The Most Effective Software on the Market
- The JetEtch Pro can permanently store up to 100 etch programs for fast recall.
- The software is also able to mix up to 13 different acid ratios, with no direct operator contact.
- Combined with a choice of nitric or sulfuric acid post-decapsulation rinse, etch intervals in one-second increments from 1 second to 1800 seconds, and a temperature range from 20º C to 250º C — the number of decapsulation programs available is in the millions.
Superior Pump Longevity
- Patented micrometering pump is the gold standard in acid delivery and longevity. It is backed by an extended pump warranty a five-year, no-questions-asked guarantee.
|Dimensions||Etcher unit (mm/in) 290 h x 290 w x 419 d / 11.5 h x 11.5 w x 16.5 d
Bottle container, each unit (mm/in) 230 h x 110 w x 110 d / 9 h x 4.25 w x 4.25 d
Weight (kg/lbs) 17 / 38 (excluding bottle container and accessories)
|Power||350 W @ 95 – 130 VAC or 350 W @ 210 – 250 VAC|
|CDA / N2 Requirements||CDA 4.2 kg/cm2 / 60 –100 psi
Nitrogen supply 2.8 lpm / 0.1 cfm
|Etchants Available||Etchant volume 1.0 to 10.0 mL/min (software selectable)
Fuming nitric acid
Fuming sulfuric acid
Sulfuric acid (concentrated reagent grade)
Nitric : sulfuric acid mix 6:1, 5:1, 4:1, 3:1
Sulfuric : nitric acid mix 6:1, 5:1, 4:1, 3:1
|Temperature Ranges||Nitric acid (°C) 20 – 90
Sulfuric acid (°C) 20 – 250
Mixed acids (°C) 20 – 100
(mixed etchant range automatically calibrated to ratio selected)
|Etching Time & Modality||1 – 1800 seconds in 1.0-second increments (user selectable)
Pulse Etch mode, Vortex Etch mode (user selectable)
Program capacity: 100, user-deﬁned, in nonvolatile memory
|Heat-up Time||0 – 120 seconds in 1.0-second increments (user selectable)|
|Rinse Options||Nitric acid, sulfuric acid, no rinse|
|Reservoirs||500-mL or 1-litre bottles – 33/38/40/45-mm cap sizes – 4 bottles standard: 2 acid, 2 waste|
|Certiﬁcations||CE certiﬁcation, SEMI S-2-93, SEMI S-2-2000|
|Accessories||All JetEtch Pro systems are supplied with a standard basic Accessory Kit.
A wide range of Accessory Kits and custom designed Monolithic Gaskets is available.
(contact Nisene for details).
DIP/SIP Kit 0300601
QFP Kit 0300604
QFN/MLP Kit 0300609
PLCC Kit 0300602
PBGA Kit 0300605
SOIC Kit 0300603
Die-down BGA Kit 0300606
Universal Accessory Kit 0300612
|Warranties||12-month warranty includes all parts and labor.
Excludes consumable items.
5-year warranty for micrometering pump assembly.
|Installation||Installation in chemical fume hood required. 0.5 meters/sec – minimum ﬂow rate (100 surface ft/min)|
Vortex Etch produces an etch cavity with extremely straight sidewalls when used with lower-temperature nitric or mixed-acid ratios. The straight sidewalls result from the bidirectional acid flow combined with the abrasive action of non-soluble encapsulant filler that is released from the plastic polymer as the encapsulation is dissolved. Vortex Etch is the preferred method for the precise opening of small cavities when using either nitric or concentrated sulfuric acid.
Pulse Etch generally uses greater acid flow rates than Vortex Etch. The result is an etch cavity with a more curved sidewall. Typically, Pulse Etch is ideal for opening large cavities. This is often the preferred method for exposing second bonds when etching ICs that do not have chip-scale configuration.
++JetEtch Pro Minimal Etchant Use
The JetEtch Pro is designed to minimize acid use. Acid volume is software selectable from 1–10 mL/minute. Our efficient design means that whether using Vortex or Pulse Etch mode, opening any package never requires etchant flow rates greater than 1–10 mL/minute.